Positive Acknowledge in Alerts

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM Positive Acknowledge in Alerts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Is there a good way to get positive acknowledge from conditional checks that does not fail? I currently use ReportAlerts(…) to count failures, errors and warnings from Alerts (with AlertLogIDs), but I would also like to have something like a counter for the number of times an Alert check with a given AlertLogID has been evaluated (check passed). Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Jim Lewis

Hi Thomas,

The 2015.06 release will be out within a week.  One thing it added is affirmations, which are counted.  Since Alert is used for numerous things in OSVVM now, such as during the range checks of a randomization, just a count of alerts would not measure how much self checking was actually added to a test.  

Best Regards,

Jim

I just tried out the new affirmations, seems to work pretty well. I don’t have to specify both the Log and the Alert anymore – I guess that was intention of affirmations.

What do you think about counting the affirmations for each AlertLogID and print it as a column in the ReportAlerts output? It would be nice to know if some or all of my AlertLogIDs have been affirmed or not. What about an optional AtLeast parameter for affirmations for each AlertLogID?

Jim Lewis

Hi Thomas,

I added your comments to my features to consider for a future release.  If others are interested in this same capability and I will make sure to prioritize it higher. 

Jim

Tim Wells

Hi Jim,

I would like positive acknowledge in the Report Status. My end client is doing DO-254 with OSVVM and my company is struggling to integrate the two.

Thanks,

Tim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.