FIFO example and written/read data

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM FIFO example and written/read data

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rice

Hello all,

I am now trying to learn the fundamentals of functional coverage and constrained-random generation of stimuli present at OSVVM. In order to do that I am running the FIFO example which can be downloaded in the web.

As long as I understand, there is no verification of the fact that the written data in the FIFO is the same that the one we later read back. Should there be any kind of assertion to check this or I am missing anything which makes that fact irrelevant for the verification?

Thank you in advance

Jim Lewis

Hi Rice,

I have not looked at the FIFO example as someone else developed it.

With a FIFO, the data flowing through it should be checked at the output.  Checking these sort of things generally requires some sort of Scoreboard.  

In our class, Advanced VHDL Testbenches and Verification, we have a separate example of a FIFO that does indeed use a scoreboard.  

Best Regards,

Jim

Jim Lewis

Hi Rice,

I have not looked at the FIFO example as someone else developed it.

With a FIFO, the data flowing through it should be checked at the output.  Checking these sort of things generally requires some sort of Scoreboard.  

In our class, Advanced VHDL Testbenches and Verification, we have a separate example of a FIFO that does indeed use a scoreboard.  

Best Regards,

Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.