two shared vars of CovPType make Questa hang

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM two shared vars of CovPType make Questa hang

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I just wanted to create a testbench with two shared variables of type CovPtype:

shared variable GrayCoverage : CovPType;
     shared variable  somedummy : CovPType;

I added the second declaration into a working testbench to see its behavior.

With this line QuestaSim 10.04 (64bit) simply hangs after starting the simulation. Killing the proces with xkill gives this message on the console:

xkill:  killing creator of resource 0x4a00068
    XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server “localhost:10.0”
          after 174252 requests (174252 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
    [12]myserver $ ** Fatal: Read failure in vlm process (0,0)
    [1]+  Exit 1                  vsim

Has this been observed before?

Is it not possible to have two coverage type variables in one testbench?

Kind regards

Eilert

Jim Lewis

Hi Eilert

I use more than one in a number of my projects.  You have not provided enough information to see why you are having problems.  10.4 has some reported tool bugs that they say will be fixed in 10.4d (January?).  If you are using just 10.4, I would try both 10.3d and 10.4c.  

Jim

Hi Jim,

thanks for the response.

So it’s most likely a tool issue.

After spotting the error in a new testbench I took an older  working testbench and just added the declaration of the shared variable.

Same result. So if you are able to have more than one CovPType variables it has to be the simulator.

Kind regards

Eilert

Torsten

I also don’t have problems with more than one instance of CovPType when using ModelSim DE 10.4c. However, it is a very simple test bench. Both shared variables of CovPType are not only declarated but also used in the test bench. No problems so far.

Torsten

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.