At the end of the simulation, AlertLogPkg.vhd must open. causes error message.

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM At the end of the simulation, AlertLogPkg.vhd must open. causes error message.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy

Hi Jim. Currently using OSVVM version 2023.09. I’ve recently moved to pre-compiling the libraries in an effort to speed up my simulation process. I would like to only use the .lib files and not use any source files. Unfortunately the AlertLogPkg.vhd seems to flag an error message towards the end of the simulation if it is removed. This seems to only happen when using OSVVM version 2023.09. When using a previous version of OSVVM(possibly rev 2022.02 or sooner) I am able to remove the AlertLogPkg.vhd and the simulation finishes without an HDL Editor error message.

Was there a change added to the 2023.09 version requiring AlertLogPkg.vhd to be opened before the simulation completes? If so do you by chance have a workaround for to not receive the error message already?

I am using simulation tool Riviera-Pro.

David Clift

Hi Jeremy,

If you are using Riviera-PRO, you can stop the GUI from opening the terminating VHDL file by unsettling “Open editor when simulation is interrupted from source code.” You will find this in Tools –>Preference under Debug–>General.

I hope this helps.
    Regards
    David…

Jeremy

That indeed fixed the issue. Thank you David. Any idea why it’s not necessary to do that for earlier versions?

Jim Lewis

Hi Jeremy
    Currently OSVVM is doing quit -sim when a simulation ends in error. This unfortunately is necessary to close the transcript file.

A change is coming to not do this when running interactive

Jim

Jeremy

That makes sense. Thanks for the update!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.