Compiling with Xcelium

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM Compiling with Xcelium

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to compile using Xcelium. I am getting an error at this line here:

subtype InterruptGeneratorRecArrayType is StreamRecArrayType(open)(DataToModel(0 downto 0), DataFromModel(0 downto 0), ParamToModel(NULL_RANGE_TYPE), ParamFromModel(NULL_RANGE_TYPE)) ;

because

OPEN unsupported in array constraint

This seems pretty fundamental. (see https://www.edaplayground.com/x/Wc5w) I cannot find any guidance about how to get round this.

Jim Lewis

If you look at the OSVVM *.pro compile scripts you will note there are a number of places where we do not compile certain things – because of a bug in a particular tool.

Note these ports are not OPEN. but instead they have a null range, which is a valid range. Please submit a bug against Xcelium for this issue.

I will make a note to update OSVVM’s scripts not to compile this capability for Cadence at this time. Maybe the solution is to add an additional file that builds this with a small range (0 to 0) for Cadence rather than a NULL range.

Thank you for answering. Sorry for the delay – I was diverted onto other things…

I’m not sure if it is a bug, because it explicitly says it is not supported. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.