GetCov

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM GetCov

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

how can i use this function, it does not work with the following way:

shared variable cov_status : CovPType ;

cov_status.GetCov;

i get the error:
    ###### /vobs/LibEME/SENSOR_INTERFACE_LIB/slave/HISI2REG/sim/tb/tb_hisi2reg.vhd(978):     cov_status.GetCov;** Error: /vobs/LibEME/SENSOR_INTERFACE_LIB/slave/HISI2REG/sim/tb/tb_hisi2reg.vhd(978): No feasible entries for subprogram “GetCov”.

Jim Lewis

Hi Andreas,

It is a function and returns a value of type real.   You need to assign it to a variable or signal of type real. 

shared variable cov_status : CovPType ;
    . . .
    variable CurCov : real ; 
    . . .
    CurCov := cov_status.GetCov; 

Jim

thx alot, now it works.  the error message was a bit missleading.

btw, does anybody know how i can get an overall coverage of all coverage points? I think i have to calculat it somehow by myself. i dont think there is an automated way like in specman/e.

Is there maybe a function available/planned that outputs the percentage of the coverage like WriteBin outputs the covered bins on the screen?

Jim Lewis

Hi Andreas,

GetCov gives you the percentage of coverage of the entire model.  The standard version is slightly different than what Matthias posted.  

If you want information for an individual bin, see GetBinInfo.  You will have to calculate the percentage of each bin, however, it gives you the count and the AtLeast (coverage goal) values. If you also need to correlate that with a BinVal, then also see GetBinVal, and GetBin. 

Jim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.