New to OSVVM / problem running the example

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM New to OSVVM / problem running the example

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Philipp

Hi,

I am new to OSVVM. What I did to get started, according to the OSVVM overview document, is:

– set the environment variable for the StartUp.tcl file (I am running ModelSim ME Pro 2020.3 (custom Microsemi Version) from a LiberoSoc 12.6 installation)

– created a “sim” directory in OsvvmLibraries main folder

– compiled the OSVVM libraries (via build ../OsvvmLibraries/OsvvmLibraries.pro) from the sim directory – everything seems fine, no errors, no warnings, the OsvvmLibraries.html is created in the sim folder and it reports everything is O.K.

– then I did build ../OsvvmLibraries/RunDemoTests.pro, it will start running but ModelSim exits itself after the first test. From the OsvvmLibraries_RunDemoTests.log file I can see it starts running the Axi4Full TestSuite (compiling OsvvmTestCommon_pkg.vhd, TestCtrl_e.vhd, TbAxi4.vhd, etc.) and doing the TbAxi4_MemoryReadWriteDemo1 (first test), also creating the log file and html report for it. Then it compiles TbAxi4_AxiXResp3_slv.vhd, probably for the next test but after compilation the log file ends.

So it seems like only the first test runs, but then it suddenly stops, thus not creating the final report OsvvmLibraries_RunDemoTests.html file.

I tried setting the compiler to VHDL 2008 in a local modelsim.ini file, but that did not do the trick.

Regards,
    Phil

Jim Lewis

Hi Phil,
    Which OSVVM release are you running? What does the output say?

Can you email me a copy of the sim/log/ModelSim-2020.3/OsvvmLibraries_RunDemoTests.log and the OsvvmRun.yml. My email is jim at SynthWorks.com

Best Regards,
    Jim

Philipp

Hi Jim,

I am using the latest release (2022.06a). I sent you the files via email.

Jim Lewis

Hi Phil,
    I just installed 2020.3 Microsemi edition. I have a Libero Silver 1 Yr DiskID NL License. It runs the demo fine.

With some of the older OSVVM versions a space in the path was problematic, however, that was addressed in a previous release.

Best Regards,
    Jim

Philipp

Hi Jim,

currently the absolute path in which the OsvvmLibrary (and therefore the sim folder) is located has a single space character.
    I will try to move the files to a different and location and see if ModelSim still crashes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.