OSVVM and Cadence Xcelium

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM OSVVM and Cadence Xcelium

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hi everyone,

It is my understanding that OSVVM release 2018.4 is pre-packaged with Cadence Xcelium version 20.03. Does anyone know if/when newer/latest release(s) will be pre-packaged with Xcelium?

Thanks!

Jim Lewis

Hi Steve,
    What we find is that users have more influence over vendors than I do. To be fair to them though, OSVVM has had numerous updates through COVID. One benefit of teaching on-line and not traveling is that I have had more time to work on OSVVM.

One of my goals is to get the OSVVM compile scripts working under Cadence Xcelium. If you would like to collaborate on that, please reach out to me via email. This task is in my planning, I just have not had enough free time to focus on it yet. With a collaborator, it will happen sooner. If not, I expect to have the scripting done by end of first half of 2021.

Best Regards,
    Jim (jim at synthworks dot com)

Jim Lewis

Hi Steve,
    A quick update. I am working with Cadence on Xcelium. Things are looking up. I should have more news on this shortly.

I have provided them with the full OSVVM regression suite. I am optimistic, but I don’t know the time frame for them to update Xcelium.

Steve

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update! I am now using Xcelium 21.03.007, and the documentation for this version says that OSVVM (utility library only) with tag 2020.12 is pre-packaged. Previously, the documentation referenced tag 2018.04. Also, back in January of this year, I got in contact with a rep at Cadence regarding plans to support all parts of the OSVVM library, and he was not aware that there was more than just the utility library. He told me he would put in JIRA tickets for the updates to include the remaining parts of the library.

Overall, things seem promising!

Thanks for all your hard work! Keep it up!

Steve

Hi Jim

Just curious. Have you gotten any feedback from Cadence?
    Thanks

Jim Lewis

Hi Steve,
    I am just getting back to testing Cadence. Need to test with their Agile release. I think that may be a different release channel than normal, so I am trying to work through it.

Best Regards,
    Jim

Steve

Hi Jim,

Thanks again for everything you do! I am just following up regarding full OSVVM support in Xcelium. Xcelium 22.03 was just released. It includes support for VHDL-2019 conditional analysis (pleasant surprise!) along with additional support of VHDL-2008 language features/constructs. OSVVM 2022.01 is pre-packaged, but I believe it is still just the utility library. Do you know if at some point OSVVMLibraries (and all sub-modules thereof) will be pre-packaged with Xcelium?

Thanks again,

–Steve

Jim Lewis

Hi Steve,
    Thanks for the update. I have plans to test with Xcelium 22.03 soon.
    Looking forward to seeing the results.

I will ask them about providing all of the libraries. OTOH, OSVVM has
    been doing releases a little more frequently at the moment. So it is
    hard for them to have the latest libraries. Like seeing that they
    updated to 2022.01.

Best Regards,
    Jim

Steve

Hi Jim,

Just checking in regarding OSVVM and Xcelium. It looks like Cadence has released Xcelium version 22.09. According to their documentation, they did not bump up the version of the OSVVM utility library (still references tag 2022.01).

Can you provide any update(s) with regards to your testing progress with Xcelium? Any sense of how close things are to Xcelium supporting OsvvmLibraries?

As always, thank you for your continued contributions to OSVVM.
    It is very much appreciated!

Best regards,
    Steve

Jim Lewis

Hi Steve,
    Checking out the current version is on my todo list. The Xcelium team has our full regression suite so I would expect it all to be working at this point.

I don’t think I introduced anything in the more current release that would cause Xcelium to stop working. But again, I hopefully will have a moment to test soon.

Best Regards,
    Jim

Jim Lewis

Hi Steve,
    I did some testing with Cadence over the last week. Looks like the 2022.08 updates to memory pkg broke some things. On the dev branch of OSVVM, I moved MemoryPkg_c.vhd back to the 2022.06 version.

It also looks like Cadence is failing the singleton tests in CoveragePkg. I need to try to find root cause as the singleton tests in Scoreboard and MemoryPkg are working.

I also updated the scripts.

Currently the updates are on the Dev branch, but as I wrap that effort up, I will be releasing it to the main branch.

Best Regards,
    Jim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.