I did some testing with Synopsys over the last week.
It looks like when I added the error handling to the scripts, it broke the scripts for Synopsys. Unfortunately at the time I added the error handling to other aspects of the scripts, I did not have active Synopsys licenses.
I have updated the scripts now and they are working finally. They are on currently on the GitHub dev branch, but I expect to wrap this work up shortly and release it to the main branch – and osvvm.org downloads.
There will be further updates. Currently the scripts catch all errors and continue. I have noted that both vhdlan and vcs seem to return a 1 rather than a 0 when they are passing. What I need todo next is get confirmation of what the actual expected error codes are.
I should note that I am doing my development on CentOS 7. It does not support TCL 8.6 which is required for handling transcripts properly. CentOS 8 has tcl 8.6, but none of the EDA vendors claim to support it. The long term plan is to switch over to SLES/SUSE 15 as that does seem to be well supported across EDA vendors.