Where is TbUtilPkg

Why OSVVM™? Forums OSVVM Where is TbUtilPkg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Simpson

Hi

I have been using TbUtilPkg.vhd in my test benches for a while now. I thought it’s about time I upgraded OSVVM to a recent version, as I am currently using 2014.01. However, the latest release does not seem to include TbUtilPkg.vhd. Is this package part of OSVVM? How do I obtain an up to date version of this useful package?

Thanks!

Jim Lewis

Hi Jeff,

Currently TbUtilPkg is only part of our VHDL classes.  While is has some planned updates, my latest focus has been on AlertLogPkg.   Most versions of TbUtilPkg will work just fine with other parts of OSVVM. 

Which utilities in TbUtilPkg are you finding most useful?

Best Regards,

Jim

Jeff Simpson

OK, Thanks Jim, I thought that might have been where I got it from.

The utilities I’m using are:

• RequestTransaction. I’m using this and WaitForTransaction for all transactions between test bench control entities and BFMs.
    • WaitForTransaction (both variants). As above.
    • WayPointBlock. I’m using this to make sure a transaction has completed all its assignments before continuing. I’m not sure if I’m using it as intended (I’m only waiting for one thing to finish, not multiple things), but it works well.

I’m not sure how I would implement a completely transaction based test without these procedures.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.